NICRO Youth Enterprise Africa
South Africa’s unemployment rate is of the highest in the world while joblessness among Africa’s youth is chronic and escalating. An important feature of NICRO’s holistic, multi-pronged basket of services therefore focuses on improving the employability of young people through a comprehensive skills development, training and an entrepreneurial development programme, complemented by therapeutic and general support services, in order to prepare those about to leave school or jobless youth for employment and the world of work.
The services NICRO offers youth include:
- Life skills development,
- Advice and general assistance,
- Comprehensive diversion and related support services for at-risk young people in conflict with the law,
- Sports and recreational activities,
- Moral regeneration programmes,
- Therapeutic services,
- Entrepreneurial development,
- Vocational and hard skills training and
- SETA accredited training
NICRO is also in the process of establishing a bursary fund for needy, deserving students as well as a helpline for youth who find themselves in crisis, have concerns or simply need to obtain information and referrals.